Thursday, November 7, 2013

IF I HAD ONE WISH TO CHANGE THE WORLD.


If I had one wish that would be used to change the world, I would wish for: equality.


Complete and total equality amongst humans.
I don't believe there should be people with their own set of rules and laws that the rest of us will never benefit from. I don't believe that the rich should have more opportunities than the working class. I don't believe your gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation should ever be a factor. I think we should all have the same amount of chances, opportunities, and benefits. In order for this wish to work, it would have to balance out the population to have an even scale of work ethic. I do believe if you want something, you must work for it. I believe in hard work bringing you more opportunities than luck ever will. Mainly I want equality so that we don't have to fight anymore. How long can we fight a fight that shouldn't even be warred? How can you tell people they are not allowed to love?
How can you discriminate because of a color, accent, or ethnicity? How can you hate someone for believing in something different- something neither of you have proof exists- but something you have faith in. The pictures quote from the Macklemore song Same Love hit me hard with this one line. I have never been one to dispute anyone's beliefs. I don't even know what I believe in sometimes; my faith is constantly challenged and I admire those who are unfaltering in their  devotion. I don't think any good person should be less deserving of their basic human rights. I want us all to be equals. No more poverty, no more GAY rights, no more categorizing ourselves. We are people. We have one set of rights-and we ALL live within them. No more starvation. No more unequal healthcare. We'd all be just equals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips